Intoxilyzer 9000 & SFST Update Training
To Be Announced
This seminar will be covering the changes and updates to the newly released 2018 NHTSA DWI/SFST Training Curriculum
11 CLE hours & 3 Trial hours pending approval by the State Bar of Georgia
Most DUI arrest have 2 key components: 1) the standardized field sobriety tests used by law enforcement officer to establish probable cause and 2) the evidentiary breath test reading used by the State at trial. This 2-day seminar will enhance the attendees understanding of both key components through lectures, live demonstrations, practical exercises, and questions and answer sessions from nationally recognized experts in both fields.
SFST Instructor: Anthony D. Palacios – IDS Consulting
Intox 9000 Instructor: Jan Semenoff – Industrial Training & Design Ltd.
Trial Techniques Instructor: Steven B. Epstein – Barket Epstein & Kearon, LLP
Day 1 – SFSTs & Trial Techniques
- 2018 NHTSA DWI/SFST Training Curriculum – a breakdown of the changes to the newly released 02/2018 NHTSA SFST curriculum
- NHTSA’s “Robustness of the HGN Test” study – a breakdown of the data concerning false positives when HGN is administered incorrectly.
- Common errors and issues during the administeration of the SFSTs – a breakdown of the most common errors and issues of the SFSTs and the impact on the results.
- Live alcohol workshop & practical exercise with volunteer drinkers.
- Trial techniques – examining the SFST officer.
Day 2 – Intoxilyzer 9000 & Trial Techniques:
- Overview of the breath test machine.
- Performance characteristics.
- Issues with specificity towards ethanol.
- Issues with Radio Frequency Interference.
- Issues with Residual Alcohol Detection System and fresh mouth alcohol.
- Operational Considerations.
- Practical take-aways for lawyers.
- Trial techniques – examining the breath test operator
Dates: To Be Announced